We are looking for innovative programmes and activities that broaden and enhance the Malay Language proficiency of students and other Malay Language users in our multi-cultural society. These programmes and activities should contribute to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the Malay Language, literature and culture amongst its participants and the community at large.
These proposed programmes and activities can be in the form of competitions, workshops, courses, seminars, publications and performances.
The proposed programmes and activities can be tailored for any of the following:
- Students from Preschools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges / Centralized Institutes or Institutes of Higher Learning
- MOE-registered teachers
- Parents of students from Pre-schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges / Centralized Institutes or Institutes of Higher Learning The fund is open to non-profit organisations, schools, Institutes of Higher Learning and Malay Activity Executive Committees (MAECs).
Please submit the completed application form (in both pdf and word document format via email), together with a detailed proposed budget and a program proposal of not more than 3 pages to:
Please provide a detailed breakdown of the expenditure that will be incurred in carrying out the programme / activity. Funding will be granted in full or partial at the discretion of MLLPC. All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The approval process may take up to 3 months. Fund applications must reach the MLLPC Secretariat at least 4 months before the intended date of programme.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a Funding Agreement with MLLPC. The signed Funding Agreement will need to be mailed back to the MLLPC Secretariat. The funded program or activity, subject to the listed terms and conditions, can only be carried out after the Funding Agreement has been signed.
- MLLPC reserves the right to change or make modifications to the programmes or activities suggested by applicants.
- MLLPC reserves the right to allocate any amount that commensurate with the proposed programmes or activities.
- MLLPC does not provide legal advice to applicants. Applicants should seek their own independent professional advice regarding all financial and legal matters including compliance with any statutory obligations.
- MLLPC funding may only be used for the purposes specified in the application. Once MLLPC has agreed to provide funding, no substantial change to the project shall be made without the consent of MLLPC. If the total incurred expenditure is more than the approved funding amount, MLLPC will only match up to the approved fund. If the total incurred expenditure is less than the approved funding amount, MLLPC will only reimbursed the incurred expenditure.
- Applicant is wholly responsible for its own debts.
- Public acknowledgement of MLLPC’s approved funding is expected. Publications should clearly acknowledge the support of MLLPC.
- In the event of information request regarding the present funding application, the applicant will be consulted before any confidential information is disclosed.
- When the funding is approved, the amount of funding, the purpose for which the funds are granted and the name of the organisation receiving the funding will be regarded as public information. Photographs of events can be used for MLLPC outreach programmes.
- Please note that funding is limited, and therefore, not all eligible programs will be funded. The MLLPC would like to thank you for taking the time to complete and submit an application for funding.
If you have any questions while completing this application, please contact the MLLPC Secretariat for assistance.
Malay Language Learning and Promotion Committee (MLLPC) c/o Ministry of Education
Curriculum Planning and Development Division (Level 12)
1 North Buona Vista Drive, Singapore 138675
(+65) 6775 8752